Come join the Rural America Onshore Outsourcing Team as a PHP Developer! We have an immediate need for talented programmers. We believe in allowing talented teammates the opportunity to excel by becoming involved, being treated as a professional, and learning from a mentor. If you are looking for an opportunity that will allow you to grow, learn new skills, and see your vision take shape, this position is for you!
We are a rural based company, whose team works predominantly from home. Though headquartered in Wisconsin, we are hiring nationwide.
Minimum of two years of professional experience in the following technologies:
- Proficiency with PHP/MySQL applications.
- Ability to work with frameworks and vendor supplied API’s.\
The interview will be tough, you will be asked to demonstrate problem solving abilities in real world situations.
- Responsibilities include:
- Web and application programming.
- Upkeep and maintenance of existing code.
- Utilize new technologies to develop new applications.
- Design and code new applications to improve business processes.
- Maintain multiple websites for internal and external use.
- Proven ability to provide project comments and documentation
Personality Requirements: • Strong analytical skills – ability to translate data to strategy • Ability to think creatively and strategically • Excellent organization and time management skills • Visual design skills are a strong plus • Conceptual thinking, presentation skills at a high level. • A drive for wanting to build products from the user's point of view • Ability to work on multiple projects with minimal assistance from fellow team members • Excellent written and verbal communication skills • Ability to work and communicate pro-actively with business owners, and clients
Cultural Requirements: • Passionate. Must have hunger and ambition – the desire to perform every day without needing external motivation. • Humble. Wants the organization to succeed, not just himself/herself. • Creative. Must be able to see new opportunities that are not apparent to others. • Principled. Must have integrity and project the proper image of Rural America Onshore Sourcing, Inc. • Team-Oriented. Must be able to communicate well and, more importantly, to listen well.
College degree is helpful; but not required. Real world experience is more important.
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive Rural Market Rates Paid
- Stock option equity bonuses – Shareholder and Annual Bonuses. In 2010, bonuses were 20% of salary
- Health Insurance
- Work up to 95% of time at home
- 12% Paid Time for Personal Development and Administration.