Quality Assurance Analyst
Come join the Rural America Onshore Outsourcing team as a Quality Assurance Analyst! We have an immediate need for talented and experienced analysts. The Quality Assurance Analyst will be responsible for systematically testing software across all product lines and platforms to deliver high quality products to our clients.
We pay competitive rural USA market salaries. Successful candidates are eligible to earn stock equity via signing and yearly bonuses. We treat our teammates as professionals and give them the opportunity to grow and learn new skills. If you are an ambitious individual with a positive attitude, who wants to excel and see your vision take shape, we would like to hear from you.
- Identifies, creates and executes application functional and regression tests and test scenarios for validating requirements and user acceptance criteria.
- Develops test data, executes test scripts and analyzes results for validity and clarity.
- Develops, executes and maintains SQL queries/scripts and similar artifacts to validate completeness, integrity and accuracy of data.
- Designs and develops automated solutions (scripts, functions, programs, processes) to increase the efficiency of testing processes.
- Tracks, plans and coordinates the resolution of defects to ensure defect assignments are resolved within a timely manner.
- Controls and manages daily test activities.
- Performs effective exploratory, functional and regression testing to identify issues/defects.
- Documents, tracks and reports test results and issues/defects in compliance with established QA procedures.
- Documents and communicates project status and complex issues effectively to team members and stakeholders.
- Provides advice and solutions to solve problems and improve efficiency especially related to QA and testing.
- Reviews high-level and detailed requirements specifications to provide feedback based on usability, feasibility, and complexity.
- Helps define requirement examples, acceptance criteria and test cases.
- Works collaboratively with team members and other departments to identify and resolve issues, implement test strategies and respond to Quality Assurance questions.
- Helps define and establish new methodologies, processes, and best practices particularly around testing and data.
- Supports QA team by assisting with trouble-shooting of issues found during testing.
- 3 – 5 years of experience in Quality Assurance/Testing or related field.
- Strong technical and testing skills. In-depth knowledge of various software testing strategies and approaches.
- Knowledge of SQL and database query tools.
- Experience or proficiency with automated testing tools.
- Ability to manage change during the test process, experience working with highly interactive projects.
- Ability to estimate task duration and quickly assess impact of changes to systems.
- Experience in software development environments using Agile methodologies.
- Experience in testing Microsoft Silverlight application a plus.
- Healthcare background or knowledge a plus.
Personality Requirements: • Strong analytical skills – ability to translate data to strategy • Ability to think creatively and strategically • Excellent organization and time management skills • Visual design skills are a strong plus • Conceptual thinking, presentation skills at a high level. • A drive for wanting to build products from the user's point of view • Ability to work on multiple projects with minimal assistance from fellow team members • Excellent written and verbal communication skills • Ability to work and communicate pro-actively with business owners, and clients
Cultural Requirements: • Passionate. Must have hunger and ambition – the desire to perform every day without needing external motivation. • Humble. Wants the organization to succeed, not just himself/herself. • Creative. Must be able to see new opportunities that are not apparent to others. • Principled. Must have integrity and project the proper image of Rural America Onshore Sourcing, Inc. • Team-Oriented. Must be able to communicate well and, more importantly, to listen well.
College degree is helpful; but not required. Real world experience is more important.
Salary and Benefits:
· Competitive Rural Market Rates Paid
· Stock option equity bonuses – Shareholder and Annual Bonuses. In 2011, bonuses were 20% of salary
· Health Insurance
· 12% Paid Time for Personal Development and Administration.
· Flex-time: Set your own hours